SAVORING SAGRANTINO – SAN FRANCISCO, CHICAGO, NEW YORK | From 7th to 11th of November
The Montefalco Consortium, the entity that oversees the historic Montefalco wine producing region of Italy, announces its fifth annual Sagrantino Month to be held this November. Montefalco, a region in Umbria regarded for distinctive winemaking, will be showcasing the wines of nine producers, as well as introducing new initiatives as part of a multi-week program created to educate consumers, press and trade.
“Savoring Sagrantino” is a special tour in the USA to discover Umbria’s superb varieties of wine. Seminar and dinner in San Francisco, Chicago and New York await curious and keen to make a real and unique taste trip.
See below the tour schedule.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2016 – SAN FRANCISCO
12:30p.m. to 2:30 p.m. “Seminar” (Lunch at restaurant Per Bacco www.perbaccosf.com , restricted to operators only by invitation)
Dinners at restaurants in San Francisco:
- 54MINT – winemaker dinner with Tabarrini winery, 16 mint Plaza, CA 94103
- Mourad – winemaker dinner with Arnaldo Caprai winery, 140 New Montgomery St #1, CA 9410
- A 16 – winemaker dinner with Perticaia winery, 2355 Chestnut St, CA 94123
- Milano – winemaker dinner with Scacciadiavoli winery, 1448 Pacific Ave, CA 94109
- Ristorante Ideale – winemaker dinner with Còlpetrone winery, 1309 Grant Ave, San Francisco, CA 94133
- La Ciccia – winemaker dinner with Antonelli winery, CA 94131
- S.P.Q.R – winemaker dinner with Tenuta Castelbuono winery, 1911 Fillmore St. San Francisco, CA 94115
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2016 – CHICAGO
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. “Seminar Eataly Chicago” (restricted to operators only by invitation)
Dinners at restaurants in Chicago:
- Vivere – winemaker dinner with Arnaldo Caprai winery from 6pm, 71 W Monroe St., IL 60603
- Balena (BOKA group) – winemaker dinner with Perticaia winery, 1633 N Halsted Street Chicago IL 60614
- The Charlatan – winemaker dinner with Antonelli winery, 1329 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60642
- Il Porcellino – winemaker dinner with Tenuta Castelbuono winery, 59 West Hubbard St Chicago, IL 60654
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2016 – NEW YORK
3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. “Seminar Eataly New York” (restricted to operators, by invitation)
Dinners at restaurants in New York
- Obicà NY Flatiron – winemaker dinner with Perticaia winery, 928 Broadway, NY 10010
- Aurora Soho – winemaker dinner with Tabarrini winery, 510 Broome St, NY 10013
- Peasant – winemaker dinner with Antonelli winery, 194 Elizabeth St, New York, NY 10012
- Il Buco – winemaker dinner with Scacciadiavoli, 47 Bond St, New York, NY 10012
- Grand Vin – winemaker dinner with Tenuta Castelbuono winery, 500 Grand St. Hoboken, NJ 07030
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2016 – NEW YORK
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. “Eataly Wine Tasting”
Dinners at restaurants in New York
- Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria – winemaker dinner with Arnaldo Caprai winery, 53 Great Jones St, New York, NY 10012
In addition to events at Eataly, consumer dinners will be held at participating restaurants in: San Francisco Nov. 7th (54 Mint, La Ciccia, Chiaroscoro, A 16, Milano, Ideale Ristorante); Chicago Nov. 9th (The Charlatan, Piccolo Sogno, Balena); and New York Nov. 10th and 11th (Aurora Soho, Emporio NY, Peasant NY, Il Buco, Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria, Tarallucci e Vino, Obicà NY Flatiron) featuring the wines of Montefalco and offering traditional Italian fare to be paired with each wine variety. Winemakers will be present at select dinners to discuss the wines.
Learn about Montefalco’s rich winemaking history while taking a journey among the native varieties that embody the essence of Umbria, including Grechetto, Trebbiano Spoletino, Montefalco Rosso DOC and Sagrantino DOCG, often referred to as Italy’s newest noble variety. Special Guest in attendance will include the producers whose wines will be featured during the “Savoring Sagrantino” tour:
Antonelli San Marco, Arnaldo Caprai, Colpetrone, Perticaia, Scacciadiavoli, Tabarrini, Tenuta Castelbuono Lunelli, Terre de la Custodia, Viticoltori Broccatelli Galli.
Stay tuned for updates on specific events by visiting the Montefalco Consortium Facebook page and website.